Check out our 2016 Flower and Garden Festival episode HERE
•March 2nd through May 30th.
•15 days longer
•Festival specific merchandise is available including a magic band, pins, and a Dooney and Bourke purses featuring Figment.
•Topiaries highlights of this year include – Ranger Mickey, Huey/ Dewey/ Louie, and the Fab 5!
•Check out the Garden Rocks series listings
•Grab your Garden Passport which has a listing of all topiaries, weekend events, outdoor kitchens, and gardens.
•A garden must do is the Butterflies on the Go and a Kitchen must do is Pineapple Promenade (to get your Dole Whip with Rum, Desert Violet Lemonade, and Spicy Hot Dog)
•Be sure to take the Monorail so you can see all of the flower beds
•Check out the menus for the food featured at the event on your My Disney Experience
•To help yourself budget with the Outdoor Kitchens, grab yourself a Festival gift card and load it with the amount you want to spend.
Funny video of guy climbing Mexico
Check out our episode to find out what is new at the Walt Disney World Resort (as of March 2016) HERE.
Show Notes for both Episode 4 and 4 part deux: What’s New and Review!
(This episode was recorded March 7, 2016)
Highlights for these two episodes include:
•A lot has happened since we last recorded back in November so we wanted to take an episode to address all of the new things and changes that have happened in the new year.
•The Disney Twins are now on Instagram. Be sure to follow our adventures. username: the_disney_twins
•If you interested in reading about Arianne’s 26.2 journey at the Walt Disney World Marathon, visit her blog RunArianneRun.wordpress.com
•New security measures have been implemented into all of the parks. More detailed bag checks and metal detectors. No costumes allowed for anyone over the age of 14. This is said to include the MNSSHP. Please give yourself additional time to get from resorts to parks for fast passes and dining reservations.
•Arianne is an idiot… to Disneybound as SNOW WHITE you would wear a Blue top and a yellow bottom.
•Arianne is a gullible idiot… It wasn’t Disney that sent out the April Fools joke… it was DisneyDining.
•The Egg-stravaganza at Epcot from March 2–27, 2016. Maps and stickers can be purchased for $5.95, plus tax at the following parks and locations.
•Amphicar Rides at the Boathouse is $125 for seating for up to three guests! This is the only place in the world to ride in these vintage vehicles. Tours are available daily from 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
•The Flower and Garden Festival will run from March 2 to May 30, 2016.
•runDisney – Be sure to check out their website for all race information. Wine and Dine Half marathon weekend has had some major changes. And registration dates have changed due to these changes.
•The Dapper Day Spring Outing to Walt Disney World’s the Magic Kingdom will be Saturday, April 16th.
•Disney implemented new ticket prices based on the time of the year you visit.
•Rivers of Light at the Animal Kingdom will debut April 22, 2016.
Check out our generic runDisney episode HERE
(This episode was recorded in November 2015 with an additional Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend update recorded March 12, 2016)
Highlights from todays episode include:
- runDisney has multiple events throughout the year at the Disneyland Resort in California, the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, the Disneyland Resort in Paris, France, and the Disney Cruise Line.
- Each weekend offers different lengths of races for all types of runners. These lengths include 5ks (3.1 miles), 10k (6.2 miles), half marathon (13.1 miles), marathon (26.2 miles) – Marathon weekend only, and kid races (diaper dash, 100 meter, 200 meter, 400 meter, and one mile).
- Each weekend offers different themes with coordinating medals. Examples are Princess, Tinker Bell, Star Wars, and Super Hero.
- The Cruise Line has a 5K when your ship has a day at Castaway Cay.
- Each weekend also offers challenge medals for those who run the multiple designated races that correspond with the challenge.
- Here is the story about the first and only Disneyland Marathon.
- Registration Dates are in the image above. Be ready to go at 12pm EST the day the race goes on sale.
- Book your rooms in advance. California dates go on sale prior to race going on sale. Florida’s sports rates go one sale after the race opens for registration. Or you can go through one of the many travel providers.
- runDisney does have a 16 min/ mile requirement.
- Training plans are available on the runDisney website.
- As of March 12, 2016 the Disneyland Half is still open for registration for the half marathon and the Dumbo Double Dare Challenge.
- Each Expo has merchandise available to purchase.
- Participants for the marathon must be 18 years old, Half Marathon must be 14 years of age or older, 10K must be 10 years of age or older, and 5 years of age on race day to participate in the 5K. Each participant must be able to complete the 5K on their own.
- No recordings were made while Arianne ran the full marathon. But you can check out her Marathon experience on her blog or her Tower of Terror recap video.
- There have been changes to the Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend as of March 10th, 2016. Check out the runDisney website for the new format for this weekend.
- Due to these changes registration dates have changed.
We are safe! (Check out those “Parade Busses” behind me.)
Arianne with her 2016 Marathon medal
Riding Expedition Everest during the 2016 Marathon
Walking behind the Balloon Ladies on our way to the corrals.
And here is your motivation Maryann!!!!
Launch Pad McQuack at the 2014 WDW Half Marathon
Check out our episode on the 2015 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party HERE
(This episode was recorded November 2015)
Highlights from todays episode:
•Special event that takes place at The Magic Kingdom on select nights in November and December.
•Separate ticket $75-$79. AP/DVC does offer a discount.
•$7 more expensive than the Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
•Party starts at 7pm to Midnight. You can enter as early as 4pm.
•As of the 2015 party, Fast Passes are not offered during this party.
•Be sure to grab a Party map to know about party specific entertainment, merchandise, holiday treats, and attractions available during the event.
•Complimentary holiday treats are available at select locations.
•Ride the Jingle Cruise. It is better than the original.
•During the party, there is a special Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card. These cards are only available to those attending the party during the party time. Be sure to stop by the Fire Station or the Liberty Square location to receive your “Party Card”.
•Be sure to eat dinner prior to arriving at the park or the party time.
•This party also offers a great opportunity to get your holiday photos done with fabulous holiday backdrops.
That’s right. The Disney Twins are now on Instagram. If you are on the “Instagram” follow us to follow our Walt Disney World adventures and more.