Check out our generic runDisney episode HERE
(This episode was recorded in November 2015 with an additional Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend update recorded March 12, 2016)
Highlights from todays episode include:
- runDisney has multiple events throughout the year at the Disneyland Resort in California, the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, the Disneyland Resort in Paris, France, and the Disney Cruise Line.
- Each weekend offers different lengths of races for all types of runners. These lengths include 5ks (3.1 miles), 10k (6.2 miles), half marathon (13.1 miles), marathon (26.2 miles) – Marathon weekend only, and kid races (diaper dash, 100 meter, 200 meter, 400 meter, and one mile).
- Each weekend offers different themes with coordinating medals. Examples are Princess, Tinker Bell, Star Wars, and Super Hero.
- The Cruise Line has a 5K when your ship has a day at Castaway Cay.
- Each weekend also offers challenge medals for those who run the multiple designated races that correspond with the challenge.
- Here is the story about the first and only Disneyland Marathon.
- Registration Dates are in the image above. Be ready to go at 12pm EST the day the race goes on sale.
- Book your rooms in advance. California dates go on sale prior to race going on sale. Florida’s sports rates go one sale after the race opens for registration. Or you can go through one of the many travel providers.
- runDisney does have a 16 min/ mile requirement.
- Training plans are available on the runDisney website.
- As of March 12, 2016 the Disneyland Half is still open for registration for the half marathon and the Dumbo Double Dare Challenge.
- Each Expo has merchandise available to purchase.
- Participants for the marathon must be 18 years old, Half Marathon must be 14 years of age or older, 10K must be 10 years of age or older, and 5 years of age on race day to participate in the 5K. Each participant must be able to complete the 5K on their own.
- No recordings were made while Arianne ran the full marathon. But you can check out her Marathon experience on her blog or her Tower of Terror recap video.
- There have been changes to the Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend as of March 10th, 2016. Check out the runDisney website for the new format for this weekend.
- Due to these changes registration dates have changed.
We are safe! (Check out those “Parade Busses” behind me.)
Arianne with her 2016 Marathon medal
Riding Expedition Everest during the 2016 Marathon
Walking behind the Balloon Ladies on our way to the corrals.
And here is your motivation Maryann!!!!
Launch Pad McQuack at the 2014 WDW Half Marathon