One of the best parts about attending the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is exploring all the yummy options they have in their Outdoor Kitchens. This festival has become a personal favorite in recent years and the food is a huge reason for it. The festival kitchens are filled with fresh, light, and creative items that are inspired by the gardens that surround them. And I can’t get enough. In February, the Disney Parks Blog posted their Foodies Guide and I have been drooling over their pictures since. Every year I try to pick just 10 items I would love to taste. Each year it gets harder and harder…
Here is Arianne’s 2018 Outdoor Kitchen Wish list.
- PINEAPPLE PROMENADE (Showcase Plaza) – Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade (non-alcoholic) and Pineapple Soft-serve with Fanta (non-alcoholic)
- BAUERNMARKT: FARMER’S MARKET (Germany) – Toasted Pretzel Bread topped with Black Forest Ham and Melted Gruyère Cheese
- THE SMOKEHOUSE: BARBECUE AND BREWS (The American Adventure) – Warm Chocolate Cake with Bourbon-salted Caramel Sauce and Spiced Pecans
- FLORIDA FRESH (Between France and Morocco) – Key Lime Tart with Toasted Meringue
- The Honey Bee-stro Hosted By National Honey BoardTM (Showcase Plaza) – Local Wildflower Honey-Mascarpone Cheesecake with Orange Blossom Honey Ice Cream garnished with Fennel Pollen Meringue Kisses
- CIDER HOUSE (United Kingdom) – Cider Flight (including McKenzie’s Black Cherry Hard Cider, Florida Beer Company Caribé Blood Orange Tropical Hard Cider, and Ciderboys Grand Mimosa Apple Orange Hard Cider)
- THE BERRY BASKET (Showcase Plaza) – Twinings® Green Tea Berry Mint Julep (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
- FLEUR DE LYS (France) – Macaron au Chocolat en Sucette: Large Chocolate Macaron Lollipop
- TASTE OF MARRAKESH (Morocco) – Walnut Honey Baklava
What yummy treat are you most excited about trying at this years festival? Or… Have you already gone? If so, what do you think is a must have?
Maryann was able to try out a few tasty treats while she was attending the Ragan Conference at the Yacht Club. Her must haves are:
- Florida Fresh – Spicy Blackened Shrimp and Cheddar Cheese Grits with Brown Gravy and Local Sweet Corn Relish
- Florida Fresh – Watermelon Cucumber Slushy (Maryann had the non-alcoholic version but there is an adult version that has Tamiami Florida Gin in it.)
- Northern Bloom – Beef Tenderloin Tips, Mushroom Bordelaise Sauce, Whipped Potatoes with Garden Vegetables