I’ll be honest… We’ve been in a Galaxy far, far away since returning from the runDisney Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathon Weekend back in April. For four days we were surrounded by all sorts of Star Wars mixed in with running geekiness. 2 weeks later it was starting to wear off and then… May the 4th happened. We spent that weekend camping out in our living room under our BB8 tent watching movies and snacking on snacks inspired by Chewbacca. I would love to say our Star Wars obsession will be subsiding soon but we are headed back to Disney at the end of the May for the Galactic Nights event. This will be the first time our schedule has allowed us to attend this extra ticketed event and we are beyond excited.
For those of you that don’t know what Star Wars: Galactic Nights is, it’s a Star Wars-themed (extra ticketed) event from 7 p.m.-midnight on May 27th, 2018 at Hollywood Studios. That’s right. It’s the same weekend the Han Solo movie releases. The celebration includes out-of-this-world entertainment, special photo opportunities, event-exclusive merchandise, Star Wars themed Food & Beverages, and encounters with rarely seen characters including Rey.
So don’t mind us while we have Star Wars on the mind. But here are a few things we are looking forward to seeing, doing and eating… 🙂 Sorry Porgs.
Here’s what we are excited to experience at this years event:
- The event-exclusive projection show, Star Wars: Galactic Destinations, on The Hollywood Tower Hotel.
- Meeting Star Wars characters, including Rey, Captain Phasma, and EWOKS.
- The Seize the Saga Scavenger hunt – where guests go around getting pictures with iconic movie scenes backdrops.
- Food such as: Churro lightsabers and Sweet and Spicy Fried Drumstick and biscuit. (Porg inspired)
- Riding Rides: Specifically the Star Wars version of Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster. (Which I hope will be there, as it has been in the past.) For these events they do a Star Wars lay over similar to Space Mountain/ Hyperspace Mountain in Disneyland. And I can’t wait. Sorry, Aerosmith.
This will surly be an event we will be talking about in the future. Be sure to follow all our Galactic Nights adventures on Instagram.
Details: Tickets are available at all Walt Disney World ticket locations and online. The event is priced at $129 for adults and $124 for children ages 3-9 (discounts available for annual passholders and Disney Vacation Club members).
Have you ever attended the Galactic Nights event? If so, what are your tips, suggestions, and must-do items that we need to put on our list? Let us know!!