If this time of the year hasn’t been crazy enough… we recently came upon two different fun challenges that we are just itching to participate in.
First up! Disney Style’s Instagram is hosting their 3rd round of #fallintoDisneyStyle October Photo Challenge. Now I’ll (Arianne here) be the first to admit my Disney Style is more of a Hot Mess Disney Mom Style than anything that is considered fashionable. But I embrace my “Hot Mess Disney Mom” self and why should I shy away from that and not enjoy the fun? Exactly! So…
We are already a few days in… be sure to check out all our pictures on Instagram! Or come back here for our Challenge updates.
And… Second! Emma of A Pinch of Pixie Dust (@bookishprincess on Instagram) has combined three of her favorite things (Disney, books, and Halloween) and is hosting a Boo To You Readathon! How fun! My love of reading (along with cross stitching, playing board games, and cooking/baking) often gets sidelined when life gets crazy. So anything that will give me an excuse to say “I have to read this! By this deadline!” I will take it, and run!
Emma has created four spooky challenges to choose from…
- Madame Leota’s Library: read a book that you think belongs in the library at the Haunted Mansion.
- Park-Inspired Costume: read a book that inspired something in the Disney parks OR that is inspired by the Disney parks.
- Candy Cauldron / Pumpkin Spice: read a book that’s sweet and cozy and perfect for fall.
- Impressions de France Group Read: French mystery classic Monsieur Le Coq by Émile Gaboriau.
Now… since I am lucky to finish a book a year… Yes. I’m still on Book 6 of Harry Potter. I am just gonna attempt to finish one book by the end of October. But as I was reading all of the different challenges I couldn’t help but think of which books I wanted to read. So what the heck, I picked 3 books.
- Madame Leota’s Library Challenge : The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
- Park-Inspired Costume : Tales from the Haunted Mansion by
- Impressions de France Group Read : Monsieur Le Coq by Émile Gaboriau
and… there’s also The Half-Blood Prince.
If you too are inspired to try one or both of these fun challenges, let us know by leaving a comment! We can’t wait to hear which challenge you are taking part in.